Runners, Volunteers, and Friends—
Everyone’s health and safety is always our highest priority. With our Partners at Novant Health, we’ve developed the following health and safety protocols to maximize the opportunity for everyone to have a safe and successful weekend. We ask that you review them and plan accordingly:
- Runners and volunteers will be required to complete a brief health screening in advance of the event. Runners will complete a screening before packet pick-up, and will also have the option to complete the form online through a link provided with their Runner Instructions email. Volunteers will fill out the questionnaire at check-in for their shift.
- The Novant Health Charlotte Marathon will follow any current local mask mandates. As such, participants, spectators, volunteers, etc., will be required to wear masks at indoor at the packet pick-up and Expo at NoDa Brewing, and if riding the Expo shuttle.
- Masks are not required at or in the starting line corral, but are recommended. Disposable masks will be available near the entrance to the start line corral.
- To provide a safer, lower-contact start line experience, runners will be asked to spread out while in the corral. Reminder: All Novant Health Charlotte Marathon events are chip timed. The clock doesn’t start ticking until you cross the start line timing mat.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all hydration and aid stations, portable toilet locations, and at the start and finish lines.
- Finish line food and beverage vendors, volunteers, and medical personnel will wear masks and gloves when public-facing.
- Hydration stations will be expanded and will offer “no touch” service with masked and gloved personnel.
- Finishers medals will be given hand-to-hand by masked and gloved event personnel.
- Post-event food and beverage is for participants only. Items will be pre-packaged and handed to participants by masked and gloved volunteer personnel.
If you need to change your registration to virtual, please click on “Manage Registration” in the top menu. Select this event and manage registration, then select “Transfer Event”.
As always, Novant Health Event Medicine and Sports Medicine on-site event day for any medical needs.
Thank you in advance for reviewing these health and safety protocols. Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated. Here’s to a successful 2021 event!